Social Media Specialist
HEPMIL Singapore – SGAG and HEPMIL Creator’s Network (HCN), is home to one of the fastest growing content and creator businesses locally. We exist to Make Every Singaporean’s Day a Better One through the endless funny memes and videos on SGAG and by empowering the next generation of content creators through HCN.
- Establish and manage the publication’s social media presence across platforms like Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, and Lemon8.
- Innovate and strategise to drive user engagement and community growth.
- Ideate, plan, and execute social content across platforms.
- Collaborate with editorial and marketing teams to align social media content with the publication’s goals.
- Occasionally contribute written content to the publication’s website.
- Has experience in social media management tools: e.g. Meta Business Suite, Hootsuite, Buffer, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with collaborative tools within the Google Suite, including Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc.
- Graphic design and video editing skills are a plus: e.g. Canva, Adobe Suite, or equivalent.
- Create, schedule, and publish high-quality, engaging social media content that adheres to a consistent posting schedule across all platforms.
- Monitor and manage online community interactions, including responding to comments and DMs.
- Collaborate with the editorial team to brainstorm and develop content ideas.
- Analyse performance metrics to gauge the success of social media campaigns and make data-driven decisions.
- Implement SEO best practices and develop hashtag strategies to increase visibility.
- Identify, reach out to, and collaborate with influencers to extend the publication’s reach.
- Conduct A/B tests to understand what types of content resonate with the audience and refine strategies accordingly.
- Occasionally write articles or blog posts for the website, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in social media management.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Portfolio showcasing previous social media campaigns and community management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write and edit effectively for different mediums and audiences.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to maintain high editorial standards.
Who do we look out for
- An individual with strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- A creative individual who understands virality and social media trends with an ability to adapt and even create new trends.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- A team player who values collaboration and can work well with different departments.
- Willingness and able to use AI-driven tools and data-backed evidence to improve workflows and processes.
- Willingness and ability to learn, unlearn and relearn.
- Curate a list of existing TikTok content that you feel has SEO value and can be adapted into editorial articles targeted at Singaporean audiences. This content should be posted within the last 6 months. Support your curation with data from any available sources. This list should contain at least 10 items.
- Create a social media calendar detailing the optimum time and date for posting, assuming we have 12 new articles a week. Briefly explain the reasoning for your schedule. The calendar should take into account the following social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, TikTok. Lemon8.
- Choose one content from your chosen list, and outline a social media strategy for an article featuring the chosen content. Take into account the audience, unique features, and user experience for each platform. An article draft is not required.
- Then, produce the deliverables for Instagram and TikTok. Include captions and hashtags where appropriate. Provide alternate captions for A/B testing. You may include content from other creators and platforms.
- All of the above material should be hosted and/or uploaded to Google Drive. Create a Google Doc that hyperlinks to all of your work done, and provide View access for all the files to “Anyone with the link”.
- State your assumptions for each part of the answer.