Social Media Manager and Content Creator
Teach Coalition, a project of the Orthodox Union, was founded in 2013 to solve the tuition crisis in nonpublic schools. With a deep network of grassroots activists, community leaders and lawmakers across the country, Teach Coalition is the leading single-issue advocacy network invested in the quality, safety, and accessibility of nonpublic schools and religious institutions. Teach Coalition currently operates in several states around the country, including New York, New Jersey, Florida, Pennsylvania, California, and Maryland.
The Orthodox Union (OU) is the largest Orthodox Jewish organization in the United States. Founded in 1898, the OU supports a network of synagogues, youth programs, Jewish and Religious Zionist advocacy programs, programs for the disabled, localized religious study programs, and international units. The OU maintains a kosher certification service, whose circled U symbol, Ⓤ , is found on the labels of many kosher commercial and consumer food products.
Teach Coalition is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic social media manager & content creator to join our team. You will be responsible for managing social media campaigns and the day-to-day activities of the Teach Coalition’s social media properties, including the accounts of its six state subsidiaries, and key Teach figureheads. In addition, this person must be able to develop and edit content –specifically assets with social media usage such as GIFs, memes, short-form video, etc.
- Creating consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, including video and graphics, as well as writing and editing social media posts
- Developing long-term social media strategy campaigns and goals, setting and achieving clear growth and engagement KPIs
- Managing a high volume of daily social media posts across a variety of channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter
- Communicating with social media followers, including responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Work closely with various departments to develop content in-line with organizational priorities and messaging.
- 2+ years of social media and content creation experience
- Experience using editing software including Adobe Premier, Lightbox, inDesign and Photoshop
- Experience using analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite Pro, and Facebook Insights to monitor and evaluate the company’s social media presence and performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must have a thorough understanding of social media management and strategy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Well-versed in Hebrew and Orthodox Jewish terminology.
- Political background and/or non-profit experience preferred.
Other benefits include:
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Jewish and most Federal holidays
- Short Fridays to accommodate for the Sabbath
- Free life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan which the OU will contribute 5% of your wage towards retirement savings after you contribute at least 2% (only eligible after 3 years of continuous service)
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance