Social Media Manager Jobs
Filter by work style, industries, in-house vs agency, salary, platforms and more.
What do social media manager jobs involve?
A social media manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring a company’s social media strategy in order to increase brand awareness and improve marketing efforts.
This typically involves creating and scheduling social media posts, responding to comments and messages, and analyzing the results of social media campaigns. The ultimate goal of a social media manager is to increase engagement and build a loyal following for the brand.
As part of social media manager jobs, the social media manager may also be responsible for managing paid social media advertising campaigns and working with other marketing and communication teams to coordinate efforts.
What are the typical job requirements?
Here are some common requirements and qualifications for social media manager jobs:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: A social media manager must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with both clients and customers.
- Creativity: A big part of social media manager jobs is being able to come up with fresh ideas for content and campaigns to keep the brand’s social media presence interesting and engaging.
- Marketing experience: A social media manager should have a strong understanding of marketing principles and be able to apply them to social media campaigns.
- Familiarity with social media platforms: A social media manager should be proficient in using various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Organizational skills: A social media manager must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Analytical skills: A social media manager should be able to analyze the results of social media campaigns and use that information to improve future efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field is often preferred when applying for jobs as a social media manager.
- Experience in customer service is also helpful, as a social media manager may need to handle complaints or customer inquiries through social media.